Saturday, April 4, 2009

In The Wild Squamish Valley...

Today was a great day, I met up with Derick, and we were surprised to find that the upper Squamish Valley road, had no snow all the way up to 28 mile,.. We fished 27 mile, and found a few dollies. We fished all the way down around the corner. After that we decided to go and fish the old guides run, Derick hooked up on a dolly, in a nice run that should have held more fish. We had an 11, fish day today, Derick had some good luck, today. It was great that he did well because he had never been up in that part of the river. I was happy to be up there because it had been so long since I had fished that part of the river. It was so so peaceful, and such a scenic spot. We saw a few mountain goats, on the other side of the river. There weren't any other fisherman out there. We had the river all to ourselves. I tied up a few sculpin patterns and chucked those around for awhile. I managed to get one, so I know that it works. The one that worked for me, had a blackish green body, with a light coloured schlappen tail, red schlappen for the gills, and some crystal flash. I am giong to do some more experimenting, to come up with some more patterns, that will entice the big one....

No comments: