Sunday, February 21, 2010

No Work, More Fishing!!!..



It's great when you, wake up on a monday morning, and say hey!!! I don't have to go to work for a week.I guess the logical thing to do is head out to the Squamish River, and chuck some flies around in hopes of catching some fish. Just my luck I didn't have to wait to long.I floated the river three times during the week, and every time was very successful.I didn't see to many other fisherman out there.I had the river all to myself for the better part of the week. Peace, and quiet, and nothing but the sound of the river, flowing along. The action was pretty steady all week. Most spots produced fish, and some hits that I was convinced were steelhead.I fished the floating line, long leader and wet fly, and had some good action. The flies that were producing were the Black G.P, Purple G.P, and black intruders, with some flash. Black and blue were also working well, and black with purple and black mohair with sculpin wool.I was swinging these these flies through runs, and riffles. All of these areas were roughly two, to six, feet deep. The weather was bright and sunny, which makes it hard to catch fish, in these conditions. With alittle finnese flyfishing it can be done. I think that floating the river produced more fish, than walking, either way the action was good and produced some nice size bull trout...

No comments: