Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Island Lake 2009.


I spent a week fishing up at Island Lake with Andy. We left on the Saturday morning and made our way up there. Along the way we made the all important stop at Tim Hortons for coffee, and doughnuts. Then on to our favourite lake. We stopped in Merrit, to go into the Powder Keg, to have a brief look around and then to the lake we went. Upon arrival at the lake where we set up camp for the week, we saw Russel, and Jeff, as they were packing up to head out. We talked for awhile, as they were packing the rest of there stuff. We picked our spot and set up our camp. It was great to see those guys again because it had been so long since I had seen them. We fished alot during that week. I saw somebody else that I knew camping just at the next site over from us. Dave was up there with his wife, and two kids. I was surprised to see him up there, so in the evening I went over to talk to him. It was great to be up at my favourite lake again. The fishing was pretty slow for the most part. Andy, and I, both had one good day. I had a 20, fish day and Andy had 35, fish day. The weather stayed good for the whole time that we were there, except for maybe a shower or two. Andy and I were catching most of our fish on chronomids. Brown with a copper ribbing, that Andy tied. We also caught fish on nymph patterns under an indicator, trolling, and anchord. It was a good week, a fun trip and I'll have to go back soon....

No comments: