Tuesday, March 3, 2009

The Past Few Weekends On The River...

The last few weekends fishing with Derrick, have been productive. It's not often that I go with someone, and we catch a few nice fish, and take some pictures. Most of the time I go by myself and catch a few that are picture worthy, and I can't get the pictures with me, in them. I guess that's how it works out. I'ts great when you, hook up on lots of fish. But it's even better when you, catch a few big ones, that's what makes the days outing great. I like the pull, of a big bull trout, it straightens the line, pulls it tight and then the fight begins. The big intruder flies are the favourites, swinging deep through the tailouts of pools and runs. The colours are blue, olive, olive and black, marabou mixed. Also the weighted flies, with the cone head, have been working well on a type three, sink tip. I don't usually use weighted flies because they are hard to cast, or so I thought. I found that casting these even with a 7, 8, weight 13ft, was not a problem at all. I'll tie more, and fish them alot, and catch more fish...It's all good.!!!!!!!

No comments: