Sunday, October 12, 2008

BIG STEELHEAD,GOING CRAZY!!!!!!!!.


On saturday we had a great day. Between Andy, and myself we hooked into 12, fish and landed a few. We were fishing around the Ebeneezer, area. When we went to Ebeneezer, in the afternoon I had three on and almost landed one.It was a superb day. Sunday was a great day as well, I had the biggest steelhead, that ran so far down river, that it was into my backing before I new it. I had to run after it to regain my line. It was I would figure an easy 18, pounder. An awesome battle, a powerful fish, And a lot of fun on the fly. That was the highlight of the trip so far.We also met two germans that were fishing in the same spot. I was giving one of them a lesson, and some advice on spey casting, and helping him set up his line with a sink tip. It was fun for me to share some of my knowledge, and showing someone how to cast the line to get the best drift, and action on the fly, to get a steelhead to strike.We have a week to go, I have documented the last two days....

1 comment:

chris said...

Backing.....never heard of that before....Chris said it was like the warning track in baseball!

Very cool blog Stefan....too bad I don't know anything about fishing. Maybe someday we could head out to the river for a lesson.

Anyways...time for dessert..Don