Tuesday, July 17, 2012

2012, Climber's Festival..



































My good friend and climbing partner, came up to Squamish for the festival. I was pretty happy to get out and do my first climbing day of the summer. Dave and I did a new route called Rambles, at the base of the Apron. It was an enjoyable route with not to many hard moves or cruxes, except on the last pitch. The route goes at 5.8, at it's hardest with a pitch of 5.7, and two of 5.6. It was a great climb, tons of fun. It was fun to get out and climb with Dave, and try a new route. During the festival, there were a few movies, and various other things going on. I went to two of the movies at the eagle eye theatre, one was called Squamish Rocks, a film about why squamish is the best place to live and play. The other one that I saw was Yosemite In The Sixties, a history of climbing the walls back then. Exciting stuff!!.. We did take in a bit of the after party, at the Brew Pub. We made plans to do an aid line somewhere on the Chief. We had great weather, and a good time..

No comments: