Sunday, January 22, 2012

Gift Certificate, and a Fly Tying lesson..



It was a slow morning at the flyshop the other day. It wasn't until the afternoon that Tommy, Phil, and Brian came in. After that there was a guy that came in with a gift certificate and he wanted to pick up a bunch of fly tying materials and such. We talked for awhile about materials and things and then he bought a bunch of stuff and then I gave him a tying lesson and showed him how to tie an intruder pattern with some of the materials that he had bought. Oh yeah Brian had given me a new tying vise for christmas so I could do the demo right there. It was great to give a hands-on lesson to somebody that didn't know how to do it.. The best part was is that it was in the shop.. I was happy to show him, and he was happy to learn the basics from someone showing him step, by step.. That was the most fun I have had in the shop so far. It turned out to be a great day.

No comments: